Thursday, March 20, 2014

Missing it Already!

So it's been 4 days since we've got back from our trip and I already miss Haiti like crazy! I miss the warmth, spending all day with our team, the people we met there, and most of all, the kids!   This trip could not have been better! We had such a great team and we all bonded and got along great throughout the week.  Even though we're all back at school and back to our different friend groups, we smile at each other in the hallways and talk more, and it's just great that all got to share this experience together.  I learned so much about the country and the people and even myself during the trip. It was incredible to see the Haitian's absolute love for Jesus, and watching and listening to them really helped me to grow in my own faith.  They held nothing back when they worshiped God and it made me want to be able to do that. I've already been talking with some of the Gr.11ers that went on the trip this year about going back next year and working together to lead the team. I can't imagine never going back to Haiti.  I learned so much during the week but there's still so much more that I want to see and experience.  A huge thank you to all of you who read our blog and who supported and prayed for us, and hopefully next year at this time I'll be blogging about Haiti again!

Nicole  

No comments:

Post a Comment