Saturday, March 22, 2014

I Love and Miss Haiti

It’s been six days since we left Haiti and I miss it so much. The experience there has changed my heart and inspired me so much. I can’t stop thinking about Haiti. I’m always wondering how the people and families I met there are doing. In Haiti they have a very difficult way of life, but at the end of the week I got to come home and they had to stay there. It’s hard for me to accept that while I’m on my laptop in Florida, they’re still struggling to make enough money for their family. It breaks my heart that they can’t have the things that most people in Canada do, because we don’t deserve it any more than they do.

 

Even though the people there have very little, they are so happy and so excited about worshiping God. This really shows me that money and things honestly can’t buy happiness, and even though I already knew that, seeing this proves that to me.

 

Something that was amazing to see was how open the people were about their faith and how happy Jesus madethem. That was extremely inspiring and encouraging to see. Seeing this makes me want to be more open about my faith and it also helped me realize that Jesus is my Savior and I have every reason to be happy about it like they are.

 

Haiti has given me a new perspective on life and has shown me things that I wouldn’t otherwise understand. I am so thankful for people’s support and prayers for my team and I, and look forward to more mission trips in the future :)

 

Elise Kamstra


No comments:

Post a Comment