Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 6

Okay so this is Kaylee now, aha and I have alot to say about Haiti. First of all, I LOVE IT HERE! God is really talking to me, like I seriously have my own little chatterbox right now. The weather has been absolutely fantastic, warm, and there has been some windy moments, which is completely wonderful. The teamwork Is incredible, and we have all come so far in faith, and gotten to know each other so much more over the week. I really love it here, and I did not realize that it was Thursday already, and for all who know me, know that I love to keep track of the time and date, but being here, I have lost all that desire to know those things. All that mattered to me this week was being love to others, and allowing God’s love to shine through me. Seeing the Haitian people love God and worship the way they do, inspired me, and I just feel so changed. I made some really good friends with a couple of the Haitians and I already miss them, as you may know today is the last day to do mission work in the villages, so it was a good bye day, and there were tears on my behalf. I know without a doubt that I am coming back here, I have never felt God being so loud and clear in my life. Haiti is where I belong. This week was a hard week, with painting, village ministry, and today planting trees, I loved every minute of it. The kids are so adorable, so trusting, and they just latch on to you, and the teenagers are AMAZING! Their faith, is beyond what I expected. I feel like I am at Camp Shalom again, but its so much better. They are so open, and so friendly, and so willing to help, I was brought to tears. There was many times where I was walking, and I slipped on the path, and immediately there was a hand steadying my arm, you just feel so secure here, so safe, even though you are so far away from home and so out of the comfort zone, you feel relaxed. I have never been so relaxed and felt so healthy in my entire life. God knew what he was doing when he sent me here, and I thank God every second I am here, I love God with all my heart, and I know that doing mission trips is where I belong. I think College is going to have to wait. The Haitians just fill my heart, they are so friendly, so incredible, so amazing, and I just feel overjoyed being with them, and to think that I have so much in Canada, and they have so little here, and they are the ones making me feel happier. It just makes a girl think ya know? I thank everyone who helped me go on this trip, and for the people out there praying for me and my team, and for you, who is reading this blog, thank you, thank you, thank you! I thought the hardest part would be the transition from Canada to Haiti, but its going to be from Haiti to Canada.  Tomorrow is Beach day, we are heading out to a resort tomorrow, so the sun is going to be shining in a more helpful way. :p I know I have been rambling and I most likely have the longest blog post this week, but I hope you can tell I really love it here. I have a card game with friends waiting for me, so I should get going, but I miss you all, and see you soon. 

-Kaylee  :) 

Ps. The Haitians are so funny, absolutely hilarious. I have never laughed so much in my entire life, and that says alot all on its own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment