Thursday, March 6, 2014

1 MORE SLEEP

In 1 day, 5 hours, 38 minutes and 40 seconds the team, and myself, will begin our journey to Haiti. I don’t think the word “excited” can even come close to defining what I feel right now. When I signed up for the trip it seemed like it was so far away, but now here I am a day away from leaving. I have never gone on a mission trip before, so this is an extremely new experience for me which makes it a little nerve-racking. I've always wanted to go on a mission trip because I have heard what a great experience it is. I am extremely thankful and blessed to have the chance to go on this trip this year. The name that we have for our team is “Changing lives. Changing hearts”.  That may sound as if we are there to change their lives, which we are, but I think that my life, as well as the lives of other people on the team, will be the ones that are the most changed. Since I've made Profession of Faith I've really been looking for something that I can do to carry out my faith as well as make it stronger. This mission trip will give me that opportunity to spread God’s love throughout the world, even if that just means smiling at someone. For God calls us to “Do everything in love”. (1 Corinthians 16:14)

-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment