Friday, March 14, 2014

Last Full Day in Haiti

Coming back to Haiti is always an interesting experience. Since this is the last time I will be leading a highschool team for a while I wanted to make the most out of my experience. This trip has been amazing, every person on this trip has been incredible to get to know, and every experience we have had has been great. I think that this week everyone on the team has grown spiritually and now have a much better understanding of the world. We have experienced some very cool moments and I don't think that anyone on this trip will return home the same, including me. From just praying with the Haitian people to painting a house for someone in need, we have really experienced what it means to be a servant this week. But at the same time I believe that we have all had our eyes opened and been helped in some way by the Haitian people. When we do reflections so many people comment on how happy the Haitian people are despite having literally nothing, and that it makes them realize that there is something wrong with the way we live our lives in Canada. It makes me really happy to see everyone on this team having their eyes opened, and to see them all fall in love with the country of Haiti. I love Haiti so much and the main reason I have lead 3 trips here is because I love to see it when people start to love it here just as much as I do. Well that's all I have to say for now, time to go watch a movie with the orphanage kids. We leave Mission of Hope tomorrow around 11:30 am so please keep us in your prayers as we travel back to Canada

Teagan

No comments:

Post a Comment