Tuesday, March 25, 2014

[Insert Inspiring/Cool/Interesting Title Here]

The Haiti trip this year for me was honestly so unbelievable and I miss it more than anything. One thing that really stuck out to me was that the power of hope is greater than anything. Ironically, the organization that we went with is called “Mission of Hope” which I think is a very fitting name. But anyways, Google tells me that hope means: “a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen, a feeling of trust” and that is exactly how I would describe the Haitians because all they can cling onto is hope; and specifically—hope in God that He will provide. It’s absolutely heartbreaking seeing how they live and knowing that they have goals and dreams that they want to accomplish, just like us, except that they don’t have the same opportunities or resources to fulfill those goals and dreams. But like I said before, these Haitians have hope like none other and because of that hope they continue to persevere and it’s so inspirational to see that and witness how strong these people are. I truly believe that Haiti will only get better throughout the years and that it will one day become a strong nation. Their strength, happiness, and giant smiles will forever be in my mind and I can’t wait until I can come back because I am DEFINITELY not done with Haiti.


- Monica


No comments:

Post a Comment