Monday, March 10, 2014

Haiti > Everything.


*This post was written on Sunday

HAITI HAITI HAITI. What is there to say about it other than that it is AMAZING HERE. I came here two years ago and I couldn’t be any happier to be back. Today was all about hearing about Mission of Hope, how it all began, what they’re doing, and what their vision is. We did a lot of tours and what not, but I won’t describe it all to you since Shae-Lynn already did, so if you want to know more--read her blog! But anyways, something that stuck out to me today was one of the leaders was telling us about Mission of Hope’s mission statement which is … “As an organizing following Jesus Christ, we seek to bring life transformation to every man, woman, and child in Haiti.” She made sure to make an emphasis on the “in HAITI” part and how it’s not “for every Haitian” because their statement is for everyone who steps foot into Haiti--including us. Let’s be honest, the work that we do here isn’t going to change Haiti instantly, but it’s this cycle that Mission of Hope has that allows us to assist in what they want to accomplish and throughout our stay OUR lives will be transformed. Tomorrow we start our village visits and the village we will be going to all week is Titanyen, I honestly can’t wait to see what God has in store for me and my team--but I know it’s going to be GREAT. 

Ps. The weather is beautiful and I’m planning on coming back super tan. SEE YOU ALL ON THE 16TH!  

-Monica 

No comments:

Post a Comment